Headaches or migraines?
Joint or muscle pain?
Difficulty with fertility?
Going through menopause?
Anxiety or depression?
Digestion problems - e.g. IBS?
Chronic fatigue - e.g. long Covid?
ACUPUNCTURE FOR FERTILITY
Traditional Chinese Medicine looks at the person as a whole and by balancing hormones, improving blood flow to the uterus and pelvic area, as well as reducing stress, it can often avoid the need to resort to more invasive medical intervention. For both men and women, acupuncture may not only help couples achieve a natural pregnancy by enhancing their general health and wellbeing, it may also treat specific medical problems that might reduce fertility.
Acupuncture can be beneficial for: endometriosis, hormone imbalances, recurrent miscarriage, sperm count, irregular menstrual cycles, painful heavy periods, PCOS, fibroids, etc.
Acupuncture can also help alleviate a wide variety of other conditions including:
Headaches or Migraines
Pain / Injuries
Night Sweats / Hot Flushes
Anxiety, Stress or Depression
FEES AND PACKAGES
When you book for a treatment, you should expect a calm atmosphere of healing, an attentive and listening ear, and a gentle, effective approach to providing therapy and care to you.
Initial consultation – prior to your first visit, a 30-minute consultation will take place over the phone, that will take into consideration your medical history and lifestyle, in order to provide an effective treatment plan for your needs.
Treatment – for your visit, you should wear loose clothing and, will be required to lie on a bed. Acupuncture will form the core of the treatment, and where applicable, cupping and /or moxa will also be used. The needles will be retained for approx. 20 minutes before being removed. Advice on nutrition and lifestyle will then be provided, and further sign-posting where applicable. On average, a minimum of 4-6 treatments are recommended for most conditions, in order to see faster and better results.
Initial phone consultation and first treatment (90 mins) - £50
Follow-up treatments (60 mins) - £40 each
Acupuncture Packages - £220
These treatment packages of 6 sessions each, include a 90-minute initial consultation and treatment session, and 5 follow-up appointments of 45-60 minutes each. This price includes a £30 discount for booking a package, and as an incentive for investing in your long-term health.
Whether you are looking for help with conceiving, support through assisted fertility treatment, general health or wellbeing support or trying to address a specific health concern, one of these treatment packages is a great place to start. The sessions are normally scheduled weekly initially, and then according to individual needs, but as a general guide, the treatment packages would be completed over a 2–3-month period. To discuss your needs before booking a package, or for specific questions, please feel free to contact me.
SOME health insurance providers may offer full or partial coverage for your acupuncture treatment. Please check with your provider, before starting your treatment.
1. Boosting Immunity Package – Acupuncture excels as a preventive form of medicine; it makes us stronger so that we can avoid disease and it correct minor imbalances before they become a bigger problem. This treatment package aims to:
boost qi - our vital energy and the foundation of how everything in our body works, including the immune system;
strengthen digestion - that connection between gut health and immunity;
strengthen the lungs - in Chinese Medicine, the lungs are our first line of defence against contracting external “wind conditions” like colds, flus and allergies;
settle the mind - stress can weaken the immune system.
The package includes: moxibustion treatment (a form of heat therapy) where applicable; which boosts immunity at certain points.
2. Period Power Package - Acupuncture can normalise blood flow and help to restore regular periods when they are irregular or non-existent. It can also alleviate other conditions associated with menstrual cycles: intense cramping, bloating, breast tenderness, headaches, clotting, and mood swings. Unlike painkillers it doesn’t just treat the symptoms as they occur, but has an effect to lessen period pain for future cycles. Treatment involves weekly acupuncture sessions, with different points used for the various phases of the menstrual cycle.
The package includes: moxibustion treatment (a form of heat therapy) where applicable; for menstrual cramps etc.
3. Fertility Support Package – an individually-tailored package for those trying to conceive, whether naturally or through assisted conception (for example; IVF), it focuses on creating a state of balance and harmony in the body. The goal is always to create the best conditions and environment for conception - and a happy, healthy pregnancy. Appropriate for both male and female fertility issues, I work with issues such as; polycystic ovaries, endometriosis and poor sperm quality. Please note: research suggests that commencing acupuncture treatment at least three months ahead of any IVF treatment, offers the best results.
The package includes: out-of-hours IVF treatments to compliment transfer or implantation treatments (at my Lisburn clinic only), and health and lifestyle advice.
4. Pregnancy Support Package - created to nurture, nourish and restore, this package supports the needs of the mother-to-be (and baby) in the final weeks of pregnancy. Treatment aims to encourage the optimal conditions for a spontaneous and effective labour, as well as physical and emotional support at this special time. Tiredness, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, heartburn and other pregnancy-related conditions that are common at this stage of pregnancy can also be treated.
The package includes: weekly pre-birth acupuncture from 35 weeks, tailored to the individual; an extended session to share acupressure techniques for use in labour with birth partners’; more frequently scheduled sessions if required (for example, if you are over your due date and induction is being discussed), and breech moxibustion treatment if required, including provision of moxa sticks for use at home.
5. Perimenopausal Support Package - the years leading up to menopause, can be a time of troubling emotional and physical symptoms due to hormone imbalances. Treatments can help to ease the transition by reducing hot flushes, night sweats, irregular and/or heavy periods, fatigue, brain fog, sleep disturbances and mood swings.
The package includes: dietary and lifestyle advice.
6. Pain Relief Package – acupuncture is a good therapy for many different types of muscular, nerve and joint pain, including: neck, upper back and shoulder pain, sciatica, arthritis and chronic lower back pain. Research indicates that acupuncture is also an effective treatment to relieve tension headaches and migraines.
The package includes electro-acupuncture and/or cupping massage therapy where applicable; that effectively moves blood and lymph to the area in need.
7. Emotional Wellness Package – for high levels of stress and anxiety disorders, treatments can also improve emotional regulation and boost overall mood. Treatments can also help with migraines, insomnia, palpitations, IBS and other stress-related conditions.
The package includes an introduction to mindfulness techniques and a guide to essential oils for emotional health.
Risk Factors: The risks of acupuncture are low. On occasion, there may be minor bleeding or bruising where the needles were inserted. Single-use, disposable needles are used. However, you may be at risk of complications if you have a bleeding disorder or are taking blood thinners, have a pacemaker or are pregnant.
If you are on regular medications, please speak with your doctor before using any of the essential oil blends. He/she will be able to tell you if the oils will affect any medications that you are taking. Always perform a patch test before doing a full application. To do this, apply the diluted oil to a small area of skin. The inside of the arm is generally a good location for this. Wait 24 hours to see if your skin experiences any inflammation or irritation. If you do, discontinue use. If nothing happens, it should be OK for you to do a full application.